Sign in to follow this  
Olin Nordenn

Castle Problems

Most of the time orks are doing great.  However, the boyz have a problem dealing with enemies with LOTS of shooting when they can form a big bubble where all the units can protect each other.  It gets worse where there is not enough terrain on the table.  Usual enemies that castle against me are IG, Ad Mec, Necrons, and Tau.

What I've tried... 

- Using the jump and trying to get in a 40 ork change.  It is a gamble and if you fail the charge the unit is toast. 

- I've also tried using battlewagons and trukks but most of those enemies have enough anti-tank to take out a battlewagon or more per turn even with a KFF near by.

- I've had some luck when terrain is available to get some units close.  To make it work I put some grots out in the open and my opponent usually is happy shooting them instead of moving to get the real threat.  However you can't always count on how the board is setup.

- I have a few storm boyz and they can get in there fast.  I could invest in a lot more stormboyz but I'm waiting until the codex is out before making any more purchases. 

- I was using kommandos, buggie, and  kopters to distract these enemies turn 1 but the new beta rules change that.

Thoughts?

#casual

Yea either it's kommandos/boyz or stormboyz/boyz to get multiple charges on turn 2.  That or trukks and jump.  I still think KFF trukks are fine.  If you do face 22 lascannons they're such a skew list that you just play them on objectives (ITC) and try to win on attrition by focusing their objective holders.  At the point it's losing by as few points as possible.

@Olin Nordenn

An Ork player recently took 1st with this list.  He faced Tzeentch, Nids, and T'au.

Boss on bike
Big Mek, KFF

26 Boyz
26 Shoota Boyz
10 Boyz
Nob w/ Banner
Painboy
5 Stormboyz
19 Stormboyz
20 Stormboyz
BW, Ard Case, Deffrolla
BW, Ard Case, Deffrolla